We appreciate volunteers and lots of them! Volunteers are an important key to a successful year. We need volunteers to assist in the classroom, with the hot lunch program, other special events and in many other areas. If you are able to volunteer your time, please contact the school.
How to Become a Volunteer
As part of Parkland School Division Administrative Procedure 316, all volunteers are required to:
- Complete a Volunteer Registration Form
- Provide a Criminal Records Check
- Provide a Vulnerable Sector Check
- Sign a Confidentiality Agreement
Please review the Division Administrative Procedures regarding volunteers.
- AP 316: Volunteer Requirements and Vulnerable Sector Verification
- AP 318: Volunteer Community Coaches
Noon Hour Clubs
We successfully run many Noon Hour Clubs that students enjoy, especially during the cold winter months. These clubs gave the students a chance to try a new hobby, make a new friend, and interact with our staff and parents in a less structured, creative way.
Do you have a passion or talent in a certain craft, sport, or interest that you could share with our students? We ask you to commit for one month at a time to leading or helping to lead a club on one day of the week for about 30 minutes.
- A mom proficient in yoga led a group of interested students in some safe yoga poses (this one went all winter!)
- A mom loved chess and found many cast-off chessboards for students to teach each other the game (this one lasted 3 years!)
If you are interested, email Mrs. Dickson at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop for a chat. You can pick a day of the week, talk to us about volunteering in general, and get started!
If you are new to Forest Green, or new to the idea of getting involved with a parent group, join us on the second Tuesday of each month for our School Council meetings. We’d love to have you!
Find out more at Forest Green's School Council page.
For more information contact:
Forest Green School