October 21 - News Update
Parent Teacher Interviews
Parent/teacher interviews are this week on Wednesday and Thursday. We encourage all parents to sign up for a time to connect with your child’s teacher if you haven’t already done so. Communication between home and school is so important for each student’s success.
Once again we are booking parent/teacher interviews through an online system which is now open. We encourage you to book an appointment as soon as possible. Please visit the following link to book your appointment:
Please note that this website registers you as a parent and then you can schedule your appointment for each child. If you experience any difficulty, please call our office at 780-963-7366 and we will be happy to help.
Halloween Family Dance
The Parent Council is hosting a Halloween Family Dance this Friday on October 26th. This is a great way to connect with community, have some family fun and support the fundraising efforts of our amazing volunteers to support our students and school. There will be tickets for $5, children under 2 free, and a family option for $20. More details are available at this link.
Parent Learning Opportunity: Autism 101
All our invited to this parent learning opportunity. This workshop explores a variety of questions and information such as:
- What is Autism Spectrum Disorder?
- What are the characteristics and traits of ASD?
- How do we support Autism?
- Information on the services provided by Autism Edmonton.
- ADHD and other diagnosis such as anxiety can be concurrent with Autism.
Here are the details and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Presenter: Autism Edmonton Support Service Team
- Time: 6 pm
- Registration: Contact Heidi@apfa.ca for more information or to register call 780 - 963 -0549
- Location: 5600 50 Street Stony Plain.
Upcoming Dates and Highlights
Visit our Public School Calendar to keep track of upcoming dates
- Wednesday, October 24 - 4:00-7:00 - Parent/Teacher Interviews
- Parent Learning Opportunity - Autism 101 - 6:00 at Family Connection Centre
- Thursday, October 25 - 4:00-7:00 - Parent/Teacher Interviews
- Friday - Play Parkland Grade 3 at 11:15
- Play Parkland Grade 4 at 12:30
- Halloween Family Dance at 6:00