November 9 - News Update
Remembrance Day Assembly
Today our students did a fantastic job honouring those who have served for our freedom during our Remembrance Day assembly. Our choir and students who contributed to the videos did a fantastic job. We want to say a special thank-you to our special guests Warrant Officer Wallace Ricks and Sergeant Samantha Jorgensen who joined us today.
Big Thank-you to our Fundraising Society!
We want to take a moment to recognize our amazing volunteers that support our Fundraising Society and all of the effort that goes into raising funds to support our students and school. The countless hours of brainstorming, planning and organizing different events does not go unnoticed and truly makes a difference. Most recently, we want to thank-you for your support to purchase ukuleles for our music program and enhancing our school’s field trips. From all of our staff and students, THANK-YOU!
Accessing Report Cards Through the Parent Portal
We wanted to remind you that we will not be printing report cards for this reporting period. You are able to access your child’s report card via the Parent Portal on Friday, November 30, 2018 after school. If you have not set up your Parent Portal there will be a letter sent home containing instructions, your login and password. For families that have set up their Parent Portal previously you may access the site using this link, https://powerschool.psd70.ab.ca/public/, or through the Forest Green School or PSD70 websites in order to view your child’s report card.
Your parent portal account gives you access to your child’s report card, also the ability to sign forms digitally, change contact information and view your child’s attendance records. While you are in the Parent Portal viewing your child’s report card, please take the time to view the Demographics section and verify that all of your child’s information is current and that the Emergency contact information is completed. If you do not have access to a computer or online via a personal device to receive your child’s report card, please contact the school via your child’s agenda, email, or phone to request a printed copy of your term 1 report card.
Communication between home and school is extremely important to supporting the growth of every student. We appreciate your continued support and partnership. As always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at the school.
Triple P Seminar: Raising Resilient Children
All Parents are invited to attend this workshop. One of the most important tasks of parenting is helping children learn to deal with their emotions. Find out more about emotional resilience, why it is so important and how you can promote the essential skills to develop resilience in you child.
- Date: Tuesday, November 20, 2018
- Location: Family Connection Centre 5600 50 St. Stony Plain.
- Time: 6:00 - 8:00 pm
- Facilitators: Rebecca Plant and Jenn Goulden
- Registration required: Contact 780 - 963 - 0549 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Stronger Family Series: Relationships
Parkland School Division is proud to present another FREE information session for caregivers. Our upcoming session will be facilitated by Registered Psychologist Dawn Chalas of Aspire Psychological Services.
- Date: Tuesday, November 20, 2018
- Time: 6-7:30pm
- Location: Parkland School Division Centre For Education Board Room (4603 48th Street, Stony Plain)
For more information please visit this link.
Special Fundraising Society Meeting
Forest Green Fundraising Society is holding a meeting on November 20, 2018 between 5:30-7:30 to discuss existing bylaws and proposed resolutions. If you have any questions regarding this or are interested, feel free to contact email@example.com or the school.
Upcoming Dates and Highlights
Visit our Public School Calendar to keep track of upcoming dates.
- Monday - Wednesday, November 12-14 - Fall Break. Enjoy!
- Thursday, November 15 - Purdey’s Fundraiser Closes
- 11:15 - Play Parkland Grade 5
- 12:30 - Play Parkland Grade 6
- Tuesday, November 20 - 5:30-7:00 - Fundraising Society Meeting
- 6:00 - Parent Learning Opportunity - Raising Resilient Children
- Wednesday, November 21 - 10:00 - School Assembly on Kindness
- 6:00 - Parent Learning Opportunity - Supporting Positive Social Functioning
- Friday, November 23 - Grade 3 at Telus World of Science
- 12:30 - Grade 5 and 6 Play Parkland
- Friday, November 30 - Report Cards made available online