March 11, 2019 - News Update
Your hard working teachers are currently doing a great job of preparing comments and providing information about each of our students for the report cards. You will be able to access the report cards through the parent portal online this Friday, March 15 at the end of the school day. If you are not sure how to access them please contact the school so we can help you with that.
Student Led Conferences
On March 20/21 between 4-7 P.M. we will be having our student led conferences. Sign-up is now available online. A letter was previously sent home with our students; however, in case you missed it, instructions for how to to sign up for Student Led Conferences are detailed in the links below. Remember to bring your student to the conferences as many will be creating presentations or showing you their work at different centers. If you have any questions about this process please do not hesitate to contact the school office. Click the links below to view instructions:
Online Regisration/Verification for the 2019-2020 School Year
Registration for school and/or busing in Parkland School Division is conducted exclusively online. Thank-you to those who have already completed this process. If you have not had a chance to regisiter for next year yet, please do as soon as possible. ALL parents/guardians MUST complete a registration form or verify and/or update information on file before their student(s) can be registered for the upcoming school year.
All students from K-12 will be able to either register (new students) or verify their existing data (returning students) online, beginning February 4, 2019.
To ensure that their child receives a bus pass prior to the start of the school year, parents are required to complete registration by 4:30pm on March 22, 2019. This deadline will facilitate the routing of buses, bus pass production and data verification before the summer break while schools are still operating. For more information please visit this link or feel free to call the school office should you have any questions.
Stronger Family Series: The Art of Co-Parenting
Parkland School Division is proud to present another FREE information session for caregivers. Our upcoming session will help separated or divorced parents and stepfamilies set themselves and their children up for success while navigating the potentially rocky terrain of co-parenting.
- Date: Tuesday, March 19, 2019
- Time: 6-7:30pm
- Location: Parkland School Division Centre For Education Board Room (4603 48th Street, Stony Plain)
- To register, please contact:
- Sandra Goldschmidt
- Phone: 780-963-8458
- Email: email@example.com
For more information please visit this link.
Parent Learning Opportunity - Triple P Stepping Stones: Positive Parenting for Children with Disabilities
Parenting a child with a disability can be rewarding and enlightening. It can also be extremely demanding. Learn how to use positive strategies to support your child's development, learning and behaviour, in a way that best suits their needs. All Parents are invited to attend this workshop.
- Location: Family Connection Centre 5600 50 St. Stony Plain.
- Time: 6:00 - 8:00 pm
- Facilitators: Rebecca Plant and Jenn Goulden
- Registration required: Phone 780 - 963 -0549 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Learning Opportunity - ADHD: Strictly Strategies
This session provides usable strategies for home, school and other environments that help manage symptoms, as well as strategies for further developing the brain relating to ADHD.
- Presenter: Chantal Jackson, Registered Psychologist, Elements Health.
- Time: 6 pm
- Registration required: Contact Heidi@apfa.ca for more information or to register, 780 - 963 -0549
- Location: 5600 50 Street Stony Plain.
Upcoming Dates and Highlights
Visit our Public School Calendar to keep track of upcoming dates
- Tuesday, March 12 - 6:30 - School Council
- Wednesday, March 13 - Grade 1 building birdhouses
- Thursday, March 14 - 1:00 - All Shook Up Performance Field Trip
- Friday, March 15 - Report Cards Made available Online
- Monday, March 18 - 10:00-12:00 - Choral Celebration - Choir Performance
- Tuesday, March 19 - 6:00 - Triple P Stepping Stones: Positive Parenting for Children with Disabilities
- Wednesday, March 20 - 4:00-7:00 - Student Led Conferences
- Thursday, March 21 - 4:00-7:00 - Student Led Conferences
- Friday, March 22 - No Kindergarten